The mission of Leadership Oconee XV is to provide future leaders an opportunity to develop individual and group leadership skills, gain greater awareness of issues in Oconee County, and committ to a specific project beneficial to this community.
Leadership Oconee is an annual program sponsored by the Oconee County Chamber of Commerce.¬†This program's aim is to educate men and women on the needs and issues of Oconee County for the purpose of making a positive change through commitment to community involvement.
- to develop team building, leadership, personal and interpersonal skills.
- to provide first-hand¬†observation¬†and knowledge about Oconee County issues, its citizens and its community resources.
- to be prepared to become a more informed and¬†active member of the community.
- to exchange ideas with a diverse group of people responsible for problem solving today and planning for the future in a wide range of endeavors.
- to become an active member of the chamber by joining a chamber committee of your choice.
Possible Class Topics
Local Government Services
Assisting with the Fall Festival
County Economic Development
Agricultural and Rural Influences
Small group projects with community involvement
Trip to capitol-Meet Representatives and Senators
¬†The Leadership Oconee LOXVII class is closed for the 2012-2013 year.